10.27.2009

FOUR WAY STRETCH

There's a graveyard in my closet. Jeans of yester-years that, previous to my time spent working at the Denim Bar, were bought when I looked in the mirror of the dressing room and thought, 'These jeans fit me PERFECTLY.' Jump one week ahead of the purchase, and my butt looks deflated and dumpy. I was uninformed and just plain naive in the early aughts, not understanding that denim stretches. Sometimes a little. Sometimes a lot. Sometimes to the point of looking like I've had a frightening, embarrassing experience in my trunk, when really I just didn't know how to buy my jeans. Now I know better, just as the rest of the DB staff does, and we do our very best to have our clients walk out of our stores with the most flattering fit for their bodies.

There's a new(ish) brand that we've carried for a few seasons now that will change. your. life. Imagine finding the perfect pair of denim that looks great now and will never, ever stretch out. I KNOW - I'M EXCITED TOO! This brand has every fit imaginable, and we always strive to have at least one skinny, one straight, and one boot fit in stock. Ladies and gentlemen (ok, just ladies...), I present to you DL1961.


Grace High-Rise Straight in Twilight, $158.
XFIT LYCRA, 73% cotton, 27% polyester.
Small logo embroidery on back pocket.
Made in the USA.


Milano Bootcut in Mykonos, $176.
XFIT LYCRA, 73% cotton, 27% polyester.
Small logo embroidery on back pocket.
Made in the USA.


Also check out: the Kate Slim Straight in Newport.
A great skinny in a clean medium wash!

No comments: